Learn the right way to speedy and successfully migrate content material into Drupal 7 from a number of assets together with Drupal 6 utilizing computerized migration and import processes
- Learn the best way to import content material and knowledge into your Drupal 7 web site from different web content, content material administration structures, and databases.
- Upgrade your Drupal 6 website to Drupal 7 and migrate your CCK established content material into the Drupal 7 fields established framework.
- Use modules that may automate the import and migration technique together with the Feeds and Migrate modules.
This booklet will enable you migrate your content material into the Drupal content material administration approach. you will begin by way of development a content material kind in Drupal to carry your migrated content material. you will then import your content material into Drupal utilizing the Feeds module. which will have the ability to simply use them time and again, additionally, you will study the simplest equipment of preserving and packaging migration configurations.
In "Migrating to Drupal 7" you will how one can speedy package deal your legacy site's info right into a structure that is effortless to import into Drupal. you are going to then construct a content material style to carry migrated information in Drupal. to avoid wasting time and trouble you'll find out how to import content material into Drupal utilizing the Feeds module. you will then get a quick creation to the Migrate module and its robust features.
With this advisor you are going to additionally how to improve your Drupal 6 web site to Drupal 7 in brief, uncomplicated steps. you are going to additionally the way to package deal your configuration code in Drupal utilizing the strong good points module.
In "Migrating to Drupal 7" you are going to commence via gathering your present site's content material and packaging it up right into a CSV dossier so that you can simply import it into Drupal. you are going to then construct a content material style to carry your migrated info and content.
Mastering migrations utilizing the Feeds module would be the subsequent worthy instructional earlier than you get a more in-depth examine the Migrate module's robust gains. you are going to then improve your Drupal 6 website to Drupal 7 and use helper modules to assist run the improve quicker and with much less difficulty. This ebook will then take you thru the method of migrating CCK-based Drupal 6 fields to Drupal 7 utilizing the content material Migrate module.
Using the good points module you'll then package deal up our Feeds importer and content material kinds into code that will help you to construct an simply maintainable and versatile Drupal site with.
What you'll research from this book
- Configure your Drupal website to run imports of migrated content material utilizing the Feeds module
- Run an import of migrated content material utilizing Feeds module and a Feed importer
- Package your configuration utilizing the gains module
- make the most of the Migrate module and its benefits
- Migrate weblog posts from WordPress to Drupal
- improve your Drupal 6 web site to Drupal 7
- Configure the Feeds Tamper module to preprocess your Feeds imports
- Run extra imports utilizing the Feeds modules to replace and upload new information and content material in your Drupal website
Written in a pleasant and interesting type with functional tutorials and step by step examples which enable you to simply migrate your Drupal 6 or WordPress web site to Drupal 7.
Who this ebook is written for
"Migrating to Drupal 7" is for a person drawn to the way to circulation content material from an present site into the Drupal content material administration approach. either amateur and complicated Drupal clients will achieve functional hands-on wisdom in the best way to migrate content material into Drupal utilizing this publication. you are going to develop into specialists in utilizing the Feeds module emigrate content material, and in packaging your code utilizing Features.